Thursday, August 16, 2012

Stitched Paper Ideas

Happy Thursday! The weekend is almost here -- what crafting projects are you planning to do? Most of the time, a new project I find requires a trip to the store. This weekend, I'm vowing to use only what I have on-hand. And, create something that's on my to-do list for Strange Folk Festival.

Recently, I've been playing around with stitching paper. It added a pop of color to the thank you cards for our Etsy shop:

Red Door Furniture Co. Packaging

It's an easy and cute way to make my own little banner notecards from scraps of fabric.



I also created some garland out of old maps for a friend's baby shower (sorry for the pic...it's all I have!). It was some trial and error. One thing I learned was to set the machine on a straight stitch, to the longest stitch possible.



Last week I made some of these wine bags, which I plan on selling at the Strange Folk Festival. I want something unique to package them in and remembered a pin I saw recently. In just a few minutes, I created these bags using pages of an old book, a thank you stamp and scrapbook brads. The hanky wine bags fit inside perfectly!




Have a great weekend! Thanks for stopping by!

No comments:

Post a Comment