Thursday, July 26, 2012

Flea Market Trends

I've been busy searching for vintage and antique pieces for our Etsy store and the Strange Folk festival. So, when I saw Etsy's recent shopping guide featuring flea market trends, I was happy to see that my recent purchases are right on track.


I've found some great vintage trunks lately. 


The bottom one is pretty big. We're thinking of adding castors and making it into a rolling storage trunk or even a coffee table. It has this great sticker on the top, from a transatlantic cruise it took in 1965. How great is this?


Then there's this heavy little guy. The tag said it was an antique dentist box.


It has cute little knobs and drawers. With a little cleaning up, I thought it would make a unique jewelry box. Or, maybe a great place to stash desk supplies? I have a feeling I'll have a hard time parting with this!



The article also featured antique telegraph insulators...which we're already offering in our store. We're keeping one of these for our kitchen and I'm hoping Jeff will be installing it soon. I just love the color!


I'm still on the hunt for the perfect letterpress drawer to turn into a jewelry display. And, there's a set of antlers that I've also had my eye on, too.

How about you? What are some of your favorite vintage trends that are out there?

No comments:

Post a Comment