Wednesday, November 14, 2012

Painted Sideboard Sneak Peek

Last night I started working on this antique sideboard. It has some really great elements to it (carved details on the trim and legs) and I wanted to try my hand at a few new techniques. I'm hoping to finish it up tonight, but here's a peek at what it looks like so far. Forgive me for the camera phone pics...I just took these quickly this morning.

I was inspired by a couple of videos: This dry brushing tutorial from Shaunna West at Perfectly Imperfect. Also, this video by Virginia Weathersby is a great example on how to add the gold accents.

I'll be practicing my dry brushing skills with two ASCP colors and have incorporated a gold paint. I went with a paint that Martha Stewart sells. If you look closely below, you can see it in the carved trim.

distressed side board annie sloan

I love the way it is turning out...I can't wait to show you the finished piece later this week!

No comments:

Post a Comment