Thursday, February 21, 2013

Handpainted Ottoman

 It's true what they say, you can paint ANYTHING with Annie Sloan Chalk Paint! Take this pleather ottoman for example. We picked up a pair of them for super cheap about five years ago. They've been moved to various rooms in the house and up until last weekend were sitting on the back porch.

They were cold and depressed.

I knew Annie could cheer them up.


I put several coats of ASCP in French Linen on it.


Then, using some 3M ScotchBlue painters tape, I added some stripes.


My lines weren't perfect, so I took a light sanding block to the entire ottoman to distress it. Then, gave it a good rub down of Annie Sloan's dark wax. The wax sealed it up real good and made the entire surface sooo smooth. Like buttah.

annie sloan chalk paint ottoman

Doesn't it look much happier?





No comments:

Post a Comment